Wire Wound Transparent Heaters
Northeast Flex Micro Wire Transparent Heaters
Northeast Flex manufacturers’ micro wire transparent heaters using a micro thin wire heating element laid in a pattern between two clear substrate materials. NEF micro wire transparent heaters are designed to work with LCD panels, Windows, Mirrors, Solar Panels, Camera lenses, Touch Screens or any application that requires light or visual transmittance in cold and moist environments. Normally, one watt of heat per square inch will maintain an LCD display operating properly in temperatures as low as -40°C.
Northeast Flex micro wire transparent heater supplied with optical grade adhesive can be mounted either in front of or behind the application. NEF applied optical grade adhesive also allows for easy in field installations. NEF can also mount the transparent heater to your application for you. NEF transparent heaters deliver all the required heat without blocking light.
Northeast Flex Transparent Heater Specifications:
- Input voltage: 2 – 220 Volts AC or DC
- Wattage: .5 – 5.0 Watts/sq.
- Visual light transmission: 80 – 95% (VLT)
- Operating temperature: -60°C – 150 °C
- Typical thickness: .020 in.
Northeast Flex Transparent Heater Options:
- Hard coat treatments
- Anti-glare treatments
- Special lead terminations
- Temperature sensor and controls
- Round, rectangular or other shapes
- Optical grade adhesive.
Northeast Flex Transparent Heater Typical Applications:
- Handheld electronic devices
- LCD displays on gas pumps
- Cockpit displays and Military applications
- Vehicle displays, windshields and headlights
- Outdoor computers
- Camera security systems
- Defogging mirrors and windows
- Laboratory equipment
- De-icing boat windows.