Northeast Flex ITO Transparent Heaters and Micro Wire Transparent Heaters
Northeast Flex manufacturers two types of transparent heaters. One type is made from indium tin oxide (ITO) sputtered on a optical grade polyester film. The second type is made using a micro wire heating element laid in a pattern between two clear substrate materials. Transparent heaters are designed to work with LCD panels, Windows, Mirrors, Solar Panels, Camera lenses, Touch Screens or any application that requires light or visual transmittance in cold and moist environments. Normally, one Watt of heat per square inch will maintain an LCD display operating properly in temperatures as low as -40°C.
Northeast Flex Transparent heaters supplied with optical grade adhesive can be mounted either in front of or behind the application which allows for easy in field installations. NEF can also mount the transparent heater to your application for you. NEF transparent heaters deliver all the required heat without blocking light.
Northeast Flex Transparent Heater Specifications:
- Input Voltage: 2 – 220 Volts AC or DC
- Wattage: (ITO) 0.1 to 1.0 Watt/sq. in
- Wattage: (micro wire) up to 5.0 Watts/sq. in
- Visual Light Transmission: 80 – 95% (VLT)
- Operating Temperature: -60°C – 150 °C
- Typical Thickness: .007 in. – .020 in.
Northeast Flex Transparent Heater Options:
- Hard coat treatments
- Anti-glare treatments
- Special lead terminations
- Temperature sensor and controls
- Round, rectangular or other shapes
- Optical grade adhesive.
Northeast Flex Transparent Heater Typical Applications:
- Handheld electronic devices
- LCD displays on gas pumps
- Cockpit displays and Military applications
- Vehicle displays, windshields and headlights
- Outdoor computers
- Camera security systems
- Defogging mirrors and De-icing windows
- Laboratory equipment.