Flexible Silicone Heaters
Silicone Rubber Wire-Wound Heaters and Silicone Rubber Etched Foil Heater
Northeast Flex silicone rubber flexible heaters are thin, light weight, and rugged. There are two types of flexible silicone rubber heaters, resistive etched foil heaters and resistance wire heaters. In both silicone rubber flexible heaters, the circuit is vulcanized between two layers of fiberglass reinforced silicone rubber.
NEF manufactures silicone rubber flexible heaters in a variety of designs: flat, spiral wrap, blanket, or molded to your application. Silicone rubber flexible heaters can also be supplied with thermistors, thermostats, thermal fuses, thermocouples, RTD’s, wire harnesses, TCO’s or customer supplied items.
Our team will apply your flexible silicone rubber heater to your application through the process of factory vulcanization or with the use pressure sensitive adhesive. PSA can also be used for applications in the field. Our heaters can also be manufactured with snaps, belts, hook and loop (Velcro), springs and grommets, Boot lace rivets or custom application specific methods.
Flexible Silicone Rubber Heaters Feature:
- Easy to install designs
- Multi-watt densities
- Uniform heating from -40°F to 450°F
- Various lengths and shapes
- Economical and dependable service
- Rugged, and able to withstand repeated flexing
- Various wire lead termination options
- Mounts to flat or curved surfaces.
Typical Flexible Silicone Rubber Heater applications include:
- Medical equipment such as blood analyzers and respiratory baths
- Prevents condensation in motors, instrument, and electrical cabinets
- Heating of outdoor electronics
- Heat sealing and press equipment
- Food service industry equipment
- Drum and tank heating applications
- Pet and farm animal feeders
- Freeze protection for aircraft equipment, airport runway lights, and Satellite dishes
- Kitchen appliances
- Vending equipment
- Battery heating
- Automobiles and vehicles.
- Gaskets, Pipes, and Fittings